Written by Laura Scrivener, see other blogs here: https://nativeofeden.blogspot.com
Welcome to the 9 tips for a successful year of school! I hope you are inspired by these collected tips from Mom's across the world and that I can help you become a member of Young Living! Young Living has everything you need to create an inviting atmosphere that is also helping our eco-system. Ready to join my community? Click HERE to learn how to get your products! Thank you for reading and sharing my posts! <3 Laura
#1 MORNING ROUTINE
Get in the habit of putting essential oils on every morning for emotional + immune system support. Diffuse the same oil blend every morning as you are getting ready for the day. This has helped us create structure so my kids know what is coming next.
Diffuse Citrus Fresh + Peppermint every morning if your family has a hard time getting up! It is an energizing blend of oils! Whatever you choose to diffuse, keep doing it every single morning while going through your morning routine.
#2 FIRST DAY JITTERS
Emotions are high the first few days (or weeks) of school! A new teacher, a new school and so many changes all at once. Grab your essential oils and empower your kids to take care of themselves by showing them you care about their feelings!
Scared of school? Having separation fears? Valor is a great blend for boosting confidence & instilling courage!
Lavender or Peace & Calming are also great ones for calming the emotions from new places, faces and routines.
Don't forget nervous tummies! TummyGize is a great oil to snap a roller fitment on and carry with you for those nervous bellies! You roll it on around their belly button and it is pre-diluted for ages 2+.
#3 GETTING FOCUSED
After being in school all day, tackling homework can be stressful for kids & parents. Creating an atmosphere for your kids to thrive in is so important! Diffusing oils or applying oils to help focus your mind may help with all the emotions that are felt during homework time. You as a parent get to set the tone and be an example for your kids. Empower them and make this time special!
You can diffuse any of these blends but also make a roller bottle for them to use. They would LOVE to make it with you and it will be a wonderful bonding moment!
- Cedarwood, Vetiver and Lavender
- Geneyus or Brain Power
- Clarity and Peppermint
- MightyPro Probiotic (tastes like a pixie stick!)
- MightyZyme (enzymes to help food break down properly)
- DiGize Essential Oil Blend
- TummyGize Essential Oil Blend (ages 2-6)
- ImmuPower Essential Oil
- Digestive Products (above)
- Super C Chewable Tablets
- NingXia Red Antioxidant Drink
- Elderberry Syrup (I make ours!)
- 10 drops Peppermint
- 15 drops Grapefruit
- 20 drops Black Pepper
- 20 drops Citrus Fresh
- 20 drops Surrender
- Put in 15ml roller bottle and fill remainder of bottle with V-6 carrier oil.
- Lavender + Peace & Calming
- Sleepyize + Lavender
- Dream Catcher
- Cedarwood + Lavender
- Vetiver + Lavender + Patchouli
- Prep as much as you can at night: Lay out clothes, pack lunches and even set the table for breakfast
- Check backpacks immediately after school to avoid last minute homework (& meltdowns!)
- Have grab and go breakfasts ready for mornings you are running late (it will happen, we are human)
- Create a bedtime routine, begin at least 30 minutes before you want to say goodnight (this is especially true for the younger ones)
- Keep a family calendar to track everyone's activities and stay organized. I get a big one for the year and hang it on the side of my fridge - it works well!
- Have essential oil rollers prepped and ready for every situation
- Spend one on one time with each child to talk about their day. Let them do the talking.
- Have a designated area for school items.
- Start a fun tradition to make going back to school fun and exciting!